ALSA

12:28 AM


So many things happen during my absence at home such as they baked a lot of cookies. I'm like what the?? My sister and my mum went to watch a movie 'Nur Kasih'. I'm like whatt? again. Since I was off for 5 days to ALSA (Asian Law Student Association) conference I'm telling you it was hell fun. Not in a nerdy way. Basically it was interesting and informative for a fresh student like me.Being a law degree student is not easy as how you spell the word 'law' itself but it's super major tough complicated with lots of cases in it. For the first time meeting Dato' Seri Gopal Sri Ram, (he's a judge by the way) I found that he is a very wise and an intelligent man indeed. My first impression towards him was 'oh my you sure had a very bad child hood memory' because he looks like he was never happy being in this world for 63 or 67 years or whatever. During he delivering out his speech, on second thought he's not that bad after all. He might be looking as strict as he looks like but he is professional and like I said a very old wise man. His words inspires me a lot to become a good lawyer someday. For a law student you have 3 things that you must do. First, study. Second important element is study. Next is also to study and lastly enjoy yourself while you're studying. Enjoy on every little things. Eventually I didn't seem to enjoy the stress studying law. Bahahhaha. Who does? Looks like I have to find the excitement of the stress doing law. Yeah well lets hope that's going to work! ALSA has been so much fun for me plus with new friends from other universities such as UM, MMU, HELP, UKM, UiTM of course and other universities which I could not recall it now. Fish memory kan -_-'. Anyway, this year's conference is all about Alternative Dispute Resolution which means if there is any disputes it can be settled out of court by Mediation, Arbritration, Conciliation some stuff like that. *when I start talking about these things I could be the most boring person on earth. Moving on, so basically the talks were given by professionals and it was a really good talk. The next day, ALSA UiTM organized the United Nation model which everyone has to participate and represent most of the countries all around the world. Each delegates consists of 3 participants. Well yeah, guess what I was a representative from Republic of Korea! yeayyy and I was alone without no one helping me. The resolution given out is the rights of Palestinian to self-determination. Yeah I'm like whaattt is that? I do know a bit on self determination but what I don't understand is how they amend all those resolution 277 yada yada yada because I havent learn a thing on international law. However, it was a quite good eye opener for me to participate in this such event which made me realise that law could go international. If there is any events like this I am definitely in! Okay since I talked a lot here, these are the pictures taken! :D


UiTM meets HELP :)

United Nation model. This is how it goes. 'Present and voting'
sumpah rasa cool saying that! :D

Meet Chi, Epy, me and Mimi :)

UiTM ALSA serves the best food! No kidding!

Bosnia and Republic of Korea :)

Me representing Republic Korea. YEAH YEAH YEAHS!





























You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images